Monday, April 20, 2009

Another month gone and past...

We've done it! We've reached four months (last Thursday)!! CJ is doing phenomenal. He had his four month check-up on Friday with Dr. Katz; she said he is doing great! Here are his stats: Wt: 16lbs, 1oz//Ht: 26inches//HC: 16.5inches. For weight, he is in the 75th percentile; and for height he is in the 50th.

Prior Stats:
2 months (02.20.09) Wt: 13lbs, 9oz//Ht: 23inches//HC: 16inches
1 month (01.20.09) Wt: 10lbs, 12oz//Ht: 22.25inches//HC: 15inches
2 weeks (01.02.09) Wt: 8lbs, 6oz//Ht: 21inches//HC: 14inches
1 week (12.23.08) Wt: 7lbs, 5oz//Ht: 20inches//HC: 13.75inches
Birth (12.16.08) Wt: 7lbs, 8oz//Ht: 19.25inches//HC: 34.5cm

Overall, everything is looking good. He is rolling over from back-to-tummy both ways now!! And can successfully grasp a small toy and place it in his mouth; however, from time to time, CJ does get a bit frustrated/over-excited if he can't make the toy to his mouth. Also, his head has that right lateral flexion that I mentioned. I've been doing all my tricks and "games" to help him strengthen and lengthen the one side of his neck, but I wasn't able to do that much. I asked Dr. Katz about it, and she agreed that physical therapy would be the best thing for him. His diagnosis is Torticollis, which is a just fancy medical term for muscle shortening). We have our appointment on Thursday afternoon with Eleanor Campbell at Advanced Physical Therapy in Cranford. I used to work as a PT Aide there!! I've worked with Eleanor, and I have learned so much from her. Dr. Katz actually refers patients to her; I'm glad we saw eye-to-eye on CJ's PT! It's going to be a bit strange being on the parenting side of the treatment when I used to be the one helping the patients! In addition to being prescribed for therapy, CJ also had 4 booster shots, and the Rotovirus stuff... Saturday he developed a fever (most likely due to the vaccines); but to err on the side of caution, I called the answering service at my pediatrician's office just to inform them. And I did exactly as I had expected... Tylenol and lots of loving and cuddling!

On a very happy note, CJ started Rice cereal!!!!!! On Friday night, he loved it. He was a big fan. Saturday, not so much... On Sunday night, I made the cereal quite a bit thicker and he actually enjoyed it, and got most of it in his mouth (instead of spitting it out). I will say though, mixing rice cereal with the right amount breast milk is definitely a science that I need some practice with! I always have trouble making the right "recipe" to get it to a consistency that CJ likes... All in all, he has done well with the cereal. In about 4 weeks or so, we'll also be able to start veggies and then fruits... It's amazing how it all happens this quickly.

I've started to scrapbook CJ's photos (finally). My mother has a Cricut machine, and I decided to take advantage of her new gadget. It's not as great as I had expected it to be. Perhaps I haven't used it to it's full potential yet; nevertheless, I do enjoy it. I printed out close to 400 pictures that have been taken over the course of the last four months. I've only scrapbooked 4 or 5 pages, and they are just from the day CJ was born!! Now that all of CJ's pictures are on disc, I will also be taking the time to upload them to a website for viewing shortly. I certainly won't be uploading all 400, but I'll definitely upload a decent amount!

1 comment:

Pamela Seiple said...

We just had Emmett's 4-month checkup last week, and he weighed exactly the same as CJ did at 4 months - 16 lbs. 1 oz.! Em is a little bit taller though at 27.5 inches. We're planning to try rice cereal this weekend - can't wait! So glad CJ is doing well! How was his PT appt? Keep the posts coming!